Egg Muffins….oh how I love thee! You make our lives so much tastier and easy.
If you don’t know, you betta ask somebody.
These delicacies take about 40 minutes to make which includes prep time. And the great thing is that you can make enough for a week. Today’s recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- A carton of Egg Whites
- Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 2 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 small Tomato (diced)
- 1 cup of spinach (chopped)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- Muffin Pan
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Spray
The directions to make these are so easy. It takes 10 minutes to prep at the most depending on what ingredients you use and 30 minutes to bake. Most of the prep work is chopping and slicing your veggies. So let’s get to it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your mushrooms as thin as you like
- Chop about half of the onion, dice the tomato, and chop the spinach
- Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray
- The first layer should be turkey sausage crumbles
- Place sliced mushrooms on top of the sausage crumbles
- Add the chopped spinach, onion, and diced tomatoes
- Pour the egg whites into each muffin cup to fill it to 95% capacity
- Sprinkle with Pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place in preheated oven for 25 minutes
- Sprinkle cheese on top for the last 5 minutes
- Take out of the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes and then remove from muffin pan
Eat one right away or reheat in the microwave when ready for 1 minute per cup. The add-ins can be changed to suit your tastes.