Everyone loves pizza. However, the calories and fat that come with it can make you feel bloated and/or sorry you ever ate it. Well, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous is here to give you a healthier alternative. These eggplant pizza rounds are full of flavor, flourless and helps you achieve your daily veggie intake. This version contains turkey Italian sausage. You can switch up the ingredients if you are a vegetarian or would prefer another meat topping. Just make sure you use meats that are lower in fat (i.e. chicken, beef or lean beef).
- One Eggplant
- 1 to 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Small Can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Stevia Packets (to cut the acid in the sauce)
- Fresh Garlic (garlic powder is fine as well)
- Cooking Spray
- 1lb of Turkey Italian Sausage
- 1 Small Red, Green and Yellow Pepper
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop all of the peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- Brown Italian sausage in a pan sprayed with a little cooking spray.
- Drain any excess oil (shouldn’t be too much).
- Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the same pan used to brown the sausage to saute the onions, peppers and garlic.
- Add Italian sausage, chopped tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Let the mixture cook down and add basil, oregano, parsley and stevia to taste.
- Slice the eggplant in rounds.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and place each eggplant round on the pan.
- Sprinkle each round with a layer of Parmesan cheese.
- Place a layer of sauce mixture over the Parmesan cheese.
- Top the sauce with another sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake the eggplant rounds for 30 minutes.