Repeat these two words after me, YUM and ME!!! 🙂 This dish is so yummy, and so easy to make, you will find yourself recreating it multiple times in a week!! It literally takes 10 minutes to make!! It’s our Fabulous Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Avocado, people. Gaaaaah, we love it! So here it is, today’s recipe!!
- 1 whole medium avocado
- about 2 cups medium to large shrimp, raw or uncooked frozen (defrost prior to cooking)
- 6-7 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- chili powder, optional
- Half the avocado and take the pit out.
- Scrap out most of the meat, leaving a very thin layer to hold up the shell better. Set aside.
- Chop up the meat into squares and place in a bowl. With your hands, squish the squares a little bit, to crush some but so that most keep their shape. Set aside.
- In a pan, place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the minced garlic, a few cilantro leaves and the shrimp.
- Add a dash of coarse sea salt, and over low heat, cook just until the shrimp turn pink. Do not overcook, or they’ll be dry and hard.
- Place the shrimp with garlic and olive oil into the bowl with the avocado pieces.
- Add some chopped parsley or cilantro and mix well. (If you want to incorporate some chili powder for extra flavor, do so now before mixing.) I used Cilantro only, it’s my fav herb!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cilantro!!
- Spoon the mixture into the avocado shells, sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper, and garnish with additional parsley/cilantro if desired.
- Have a seat, kick up your heels, and consume this dish immediately. So filling and so tasty!! Did I say it’s fabulously healthy too diva?! Enjoy!!!