This is a recipe makes such a large batch feel free to freeze some meatballs to enjoy at another time. You can portion them out and freeze 5 meatballs together so you can just grab the correct portion size and thaw as needed.
Makes 6 servings, 5 meatballs each.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
For the meatballs:
- 1.5 lbs of lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon of paprika (smoked paprika if you have it)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole grain quick cooking oats
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce (either make your own or use a store bought that has no sugar added)
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
In a large sauce pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat. Add diced shallot and 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. and saute until the shallot is translucent, approx. 5 minutes.
Add 1 teaspoon of dried basil and 3 cloves of minced garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add the can of crushed tomatoes and 1 cup of water.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer. Continue to simmer while you cook the meatballs.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with a non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl combine 1.5 lbs of ground turkey, 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 large egg (lightly beaten), 1/2 cup of whole grain quick cooking oats, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of dried parsley and 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
Mix well by hand.
Roll the mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs and lay on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake of 15-20 minutes at 400F.
Enjoy with sauce or alone. Bon Appetit!!!