***WARNING!!!! THIS IS A LONG POST, BUT WORTH IT***
These past few months have been very stressful personally and professionally to say the least! With talks intensifying of our family possibly moving to Los Angeles from St. Louis, along with spending New Years in Napa Valley, making huge organizational changes with Fit, Fyne & Fabulous, and enjoying great super bowl party food, I did not eat according to my goals as much as I would like to have in January. Nope not at all, no excuses, it was a lot going on!
Please believe though, I worked out like an athlete, but sadly, I ate clean every other week (I tried, LOL), allowing myself to indulge more often than planned. So, from my very own experience I KNOW, the old saying is true, you can’t outrun a bad diet!!! But I knew this, and I also knew I had a great detox plan!! So, my friend, It was time to put the plan in action!!!
Picture this, onSunday night, Feb 7th, following our Super Bowl fun, I shifted my focus, from not just great workouts, but also impeccable meals!! I planned my meals for the week till about 1am (I started late – after the Super Bowl) using our Fit, Fyne & Fabulous Sugar Detox plan!! The Detox is definitely what I needed. I was in a eating rut; sneaking extra food here and there!
Soooo, Monday morning, 1st thing, even before eating, I weighed in, and laughed at the scale! LOL I wasn’t worried because I knew I was armed with a week’s worth of fat destruction!!! Below I have shared some of my experiences! I hope you can use them as tips on your own journey!
- Days 2 & 3 I had a headache off an on – I knew this was normal, because I had become accustomed to eating far more maple syrup than I should and far more fruit. The headaches were slight withdrawal symptoms. I drank more water, and rested more and by Day 3 in the evening they were gone
- Day 4 I almost cracked, the cravings for my late night snacking of pecans or an apple where so strong!!! See I wasn’t eating too badly, but too much of a good thing is just as bad, as bad things!!
- I was already used to drinking a gallon of water a day, but most days of the week I would only get to 96. This week, I made it my business to get to 128 and do it at least 2 hours before bed.
- I was diligent about my meals. I was prepped and ready to go each day. I never walked out the house without my first 4 meals of the day. I made myself a priority and told everyone around me what I was doing, so that they could help me make my goal. I prepped for 3 days on Sunday and the remainder of the week on Wednesday night.
- I weighed in almost each morning at the same time, with the same amount of clothes and before eating or drinking. Each morning the scale dropped. Day 3 was a huge drop!! Day 6 I didn’t lose anything, but I kept going! Knowing I was doing the right thing!
You can do this!!! Stay focused, ask questions, stay engaged, don’t try to go it alone. Tag your partner and your coach. Post your meals for accountability.
Most importantly POST WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE CHEATING!! Don’t just post when you’re doing well. We are here to help you push past STUCK!!! You joined us because you needed and extra push. Let us help you push past the cravings!
The diva coaches of Fit, Fyne & Fabulous are doing it WITH you sisters! We are on this journey together. Stay encouraged! I can’t wait to see your results this weekend!
Be Fabulous! Be Inspired!