DAY 4: How To Prep Produce Fabulously
Today’s Goal: To gain an overall understanding of how to clean, store, and prepare a few our favorite produce options!
Sisters, how yall doing?? Divas, yall alright?? Well let’s chat a second before we get started, shall we?? I have 3 quick items to chit chat about:
1. We recently hosted a makeup informational / Q & A in our private group where our very own Diva Coach Gigi discussed:
→how to apply lashes,
→how to line your lips,
→how to choose the right makeup shade,
→how to wash your face without leaving your bed,
→what’s the best brow definition approach (pencil or powder),
and so on and so on! There were so many great questions, and amazing solutions that are QUICK!
If you missed it diva, you missed some great nuggets. Visit our Private Diva Support Group (CLICK HERE: Fit, Fyne & Fabulous Divas) for the recorded video Q & A.
2. Did you know, Coach Gigi prepared a FREE fabulous list of makeup essentials every diva should have! If you’re a seasoned makeup pro, or just getting started, this FREE list of BEAT FACE essentials is one to read! (CLICK HERE: BEAT FACE Essentials)
3. If you are enjoying the information shared during this 7 day meal prep challenge, you would love our 30 day make-up and meal prep accountability challenge. We share both make up and meal prep tips DAILY!!! (CLICK HERE: MAKE-UP & MEAL PREP)
Now that we have gotten all the Fabulous Freebies out of the way, let’s talk produce care and preparation!
DIVA TIPS: PREPARING FABULOUS PRODUCE
- Add your produce to a bowl or clean sink, and rub the fruits and vegetables briskly under running water. Try to use water that is close to the temperature of the produce you’ll be cleaning.
- You do not need any detergent to clean your produce. If you wish to soak your produce for 5 or so minutes you may add white vinegar, but keep in mind a ratio of at least 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water is necessary to make it effective.
- Firm produce such as apples or cucumbers can have a waxy preservative so be sure to wash extra well. I use a veggie / fruit brush (click here).
- For leafy greens, separate and rinse leaves separately, discarding outer leaves if they’re bruised or torn. They can be tough to clean, so I prefer to soak them in a bowl of cold water for just a few minutes and briefly rinse after. Blot them dry with paper towels.
- You do not need to rewash any products that are labeled “ready-to-eat” or “washed”, but I do it anyhow, LOL!!
- Now be sure to keep Cucumbers, tomatoes, & asparagus on the counter top, not the fridge! Actually you should treat asparagus like a flower to keep it fresh!! Cut the ends and place them in water (again not in the fridge).
- Uncut onions should be stored on the counter, however, once cut, onions should be stored in the fridge. But get this!!! Onions make potatoes sprout, so separate them!
- Potatoes love dark places, so storing in a pantry is ideal vs the counter top.
- Use your fridge drawers humidity control levels properly. Fruit like it dry, while veggies like it humid!
Basic Veggie Prep Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Chop up your vegetables as desired. The larger the pieces, the longer they will take to cook, so try to make the ones in the batch you’re cooking of similar size.
3. Place vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet/dish lined with parchment paper (or foil if you prefer).
4. Drizzle with olive oil (you don’t need much!) and sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt (click here for my favorite salt brand), pepper and desired seasonings. Toss, coating the vegetables completely.
5. Roast (which means bake) for 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
There you have it, my go to meal preparation technique for veggies (just about all of them too). Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Kale, Sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, fresh beets, carrots, and corn can all be prepared in the same fashion using different seasonings (if you prefer). How much to prep depends on my meal plan for that given week!
I know your’re ready for it diva! Let’s complete today’s Easy Diva task!
TODAY’S EASY DIVA TASK:
1) Review the basic produce prep guidelines provided.
2) Compare the prep guidelines to your current routine.
3) Share in our Private Diva Support Group (CLICK HERE: Fit, Fyne & Fabulous Divas) if you have learned something new today that will help you on your clean eating / meal prepping journey!
If you have any questions about any of the items listed above, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or in our Fit, Fyne & Fabulous Diva Support Group! I would be glad to hear from you!
P.S.: If you would like to learn more about our monthly 30 day diva support meal prep challenges, please visit: Make Up & Meal Prep July