WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
The book begins very directly, very matter-of-factly actually, by sharing, “There is never enough time to do everything you have to do… The fact is, you are never going to get caught up on the piles of books you intend to read, the many projects on your plate, or the leisure time activities you dream of!”
The author, Brian Tracey, implores you to forget about trying to be more productive using popular productivity techniques. Brian believes there will always be more to do than you can accomplish.
So, just when you feel he’s back you in a corner feeling helpless with your head and your To Do List in hand, he offers you a solution!
“Start spending more time on the few activities that can really make a difference in your life!”
In other words we are trying to do too much at one time!
Brian also explores the question of “Why are other people doing better than I am“? He talks about the mental trap of assuming that people are doing better than you because they are actually better!
When in fact, people who are doing better than you, are simply doing things differently! The simple truth the author uncovered was, we should improve our ability to concentrate single-handedly on our most important task, to do it well and to finish it completely.
This book will share 21 methods and techniques that will help us increase our overall level of productivity professionally and in our personal life!
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from the PREFACE:
1. You will never accomplish everything you want to do, there’s just too much information, too many tasks to complete. So stop trying to do it all! #TeamTooMuch
2. Focus on one key, impactful task at a time, and complete it successfully.
3. Successful people are not BETTER than you, they just do things differently!
4. This book will provide us with 21 tools / techniques we can use to help us become more productive.
- Today’s reading assignment is to read the PREFACE of the book only.
- Share here in the comments of this post if you’ve ever focused on one major goal, and achieved it as planned? If yes, what was that goal? Join the DIVA CHAT, we want to hear from you!
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Successful people are not better than YOU, they just do things differently! -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)