WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
The introduction begins very positively reminding us that there’s never been more opportunities for you to achieve your goals. However, the author, Brian Tracey also reiterates because of the immense possibilities, we could also find ourselves drowning in options. He underscores how you will ALWAYS be behind in SOME of your tasks and probably MANY of them.
Brian, then quickly reviews some of the specific topics we will begin to delve more into as the book unfolds, I’ve recapped them briefly for you below.
THE NEED TO BE SELECTIVE
Your ability to select your most important task, get started on it, complete it quickly and well, will have more of an impact on your success than any other quality or skill you can develop. (WOW!)
THE TRUTH ABOUT FROGS
Your “frog” is your most important task, the on you are most likely to procrastinate on if you don’t do something about it.
Rule 1 of Frog Eating: “If you have to eat 2 frogs, eat the ugliest one 1st”
Rule 2 of Frog Eating: “If you have to eat a live frog at all, it doesn’t pay to sit and look at it for very long.”
TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY
Successful, effective people are those who launch directly into their major tasks and then discipline themselves to work steadily and single-mindedly until those tasks are complete.
DEVELOP THE HABIT OF SUCCESS
Make a habit of starting and completing important tasks FIRST! This is a mental and physical skill, which means it is “learnable” through practice and repetition!
DEVELOP A POSITIVE ADDICTION
It is possible develop an addiction to the endorphins that are released when you accomplish an important goal.
There’s no quick fix, but be encouraged sisters! Your mind is like a muscle; with practice, you an learn ANY behavior or habit!
THE 3 Ds OF NEW HABIT FORMATION
Decision – make a decision to develop a habit of task completion
Discipline – disciple yourself to practice the principles you are about to learn repeatedly until they truly become a habit
Determination – back everything you do with determination until the habit is locked in and becomes a permanent part of your personality.
VISUALIZE YOURSELF THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE
You must SEE YOURSELF as the kind of person who gets important jobs done quickly and well on a consistent basis. The way you see yourself on the inside (your self image) largely determines your performance on the outside.
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from the INTRODUCTION:
1. An average person who develops the habit of setting priorities and getting important tasks completed quickly will run circles around a genius who makes wonderful plans but gets little done.
2. The 1 most important decision you make each day is what you will do immediately and what you will do later, if you do it at all.
3. Many people confuse activity with accomplishment. Talking all day in endless meetings, but not actually doing ANYTHING!
4. Completing major tasks releases in endorphins. Our bodies can become addicted to the endorphin release of achieving our goals!
- Today’s reading assignment is to read the INTRODUCTION of the book only.
- Sit for a moment diva, and really reflect on the following question before rushing to answer. What truly stops from your doing what you KNOW needs to be done to achieve your goals? It’s not enough to just know what to do, you have to actually do it!!! Share here in the comments of this post what you believe stops you from achieving your goals?
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”It’s not enough to just know what to do, you have to actually DO what you KNOW! -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)