WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 1: SET THE TABLE”
It’s time to determine your frog divas, but before you do, you have to get clear about your goals & objectives. In other words you have to stop getting distracted by tasks that have nothing to do with your goals.
A major reason for procrastination and lack of motivation is vagueness, confusion, and fuzzy-mindedness about what you are trying to do and in what order and for what reason.
Luckily, the author provides a sure fire 7 step process to defining your goals. I’ve recapped them for you below.
STEP 1: DECIDE EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT
What do you want to accomplish diva? The opportunities are endless, but focus on one thing. For me, I want defined abs. That is one of my goals.
STEP 2: WRITE IT DOWN
Think on paper, sister! A goal that is not written down is merely a fantasy. It has no energy behind it.
STEP 3: SET A DEADLINE ON YOUR GOAL; SET SUB-HEADLINES IF NECESSARY
A goal without a deadline has no beginning nor end. A procrastination disaster waiting to happen.
STEP 4: MAKE A LIST OF EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN THINK OF THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL
A list makes your goals tangible. So pick a goal, and then make a list of all the things you have to do to achieve that goal (mini-goals to reach the goal if you will)
STEP 5: ORGANIZE THE LIST INTO A PLAN
Take few minutes to figure out what you need to do first and foremost. Decide what needs to happen and in what sequence.
STEP 6: TAKE ACTION ON YOUR GOALS IMMEDIATELY!
Do something! Do anything! Just take action daily towards your goal.
STEP 7: DECIDE TO DO SOMETHING EACH DAY THAT MOVES YOU FORWARD YOUR MAJOR GOAL!
Once you start moving, keep moving. Don’t stop!
VISUALIZE YOURSELF THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE
You must SEE YOURSELF as the kind of person who gets important jobs done quickly and well on a consistent basis. The way you see yourself on the inside (your self image) largely determines your performance on the outside.
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from CHAPTER 1: SET THE TABLE:
1. There’s a powerful formula for setting and achieving goals that you can use for the rest of your life. It consists of the 7 simple steps outlined above.
2. Before you begin scrambling up the ladder of success, make sure that it is leaning against the right the building! In other words, one of the very worst uses of time is something very well, but it was needed to be done
3. It’s not enough to just have a goal, it needs to be broken down until they are crystal clear. I want to lose weight is not enough. Try instead, I want to define my abs by June 2017. or I will define my abs by June 2017 with focused clean eating and following the FAB AB challenge with Fit, Fyne & Fabulous. Make your goals crystal sisters!
4. Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. Think about your goals and review them daily.
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 1 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 13 (the end of Chapter 1). Share with us the the one goal that, if you achieved it, would have the greatest positive impact on your life.
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”3% of adults accomplish 10 x’s as much as other people. This 3% have clearly written goals” -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)