WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 2: PLAN EVERY DAY IN ADVANCE”
Wanna know how to eat your ugliest frog? You break it down into specific step-by-step activities and then you start on the 1st small activity.
Stop starting your goals before you THINK / PLAN them out! Think on paper. The author shares some solid tips on how to plan your goals!
1: INCREASE YOUR RETURN ON ENERGY
Planning is sooooooo important divas! It’s amazing how many people don’t do it every day, when you consider how every minute spent in planning saves you as many as 10 minutes executing that plan! All you need is a piece of paper and pen!
2: TWO EXTRA HOURS PER DAY
New rule of life sisters…. always work from a list! When something new comes up, just add it to the list. Make your list the night before. Move everything that you have not yet accomplished onto the list for the coming day. Making your list at night, causes your subconscious mind to work on your list all night long while you sleep. Often awaking with a new great idea! Lists increases your productivity by 25% or 2 hours a day!!
3: DIFFERENT LISTS DIFFERENT PURPOSES
First you need a master list, on which you write everything down (that was yesterdays exercise) that you want to accomplish this year. Second, you should have a monthly list that you make at the end of the month for the month ahead – which is based on what you want to accomplish this year. Third, you should have a weekly list where you plan your entire week, based on what you want to accomplish that month. Finally, you guessed it, you should transfer items from you weekly list onto your daily list. Steady, visible progress propels you forward and helps you overcome procrastination.
In other words, ladies, break that goal down to the lowest form! Tear that goal apart, make your goal ACTIONABLE! It’s not enough just write a broad goal!
4: PLANNING A PROJECT
Treat your goals like projects ladies! That is what the author is asking of us! As you work through your lists, you will feel more and more effective and powerful. You will feel IN CONTROL, because at this point, YOU WILL BE! One of the most important rules of personal effectiveness is the 10/90 rule!!
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from CHAPTER 2: PLAN EVERY DAY IN ADVANCE
1. Always work from a list. We should all have 4 types of lists. Yearly list, Monthly list, Weekly List and a Daily list!
2. Update your daily lists the night before! You may wake up with new ideas!!
3. Seeing yourself working through a lists motivates and energizes you. It raises your self esteem and self respect!
4. Eating your frog requires you to work from a list!!
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 2 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 19 (the end of Chapter 2).
- Take your yearly goals. Select one you’re going to accomplish early in the year. (I assign quarters to my goals, Q1, Q2, Q3 Q4)
- Now break it down into small tasks, don’t worry about sequencing at first, just shout out the the sub tasks that must be completed in order to reach your ultimate goal.
- THEN you sequence / prioritize. What has to go 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
- Lastly schedule them by determining which month / week you’re going to complete the task. Then assign the task to a day.
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Planning brings the future into the present, so you can do something about it NOW!” -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)