WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 3: APPLY THE 80/20 RULE TO EVERYTHING”
The 80/20 rule is also called “Pareto Principle” after it’s founder Vilfredo Pareto. 80% of the people in his society were naturally divided in terms of influence and money into the top 20% (vital few) and the bottom 80% (trivial many)
This rule, which was created back in 1895, holds true for MANY areas of life!! For example, as it relates to goal setting; 20% of your activities will account for 80% of your results. This means if you have a list of 10 items to do, two of those items will turn out to be worth 5 or ten times more than other 8 items put together!!! Whoa sisters! We must choose our frogs wisely.
1: NUMBER OF TASKS VS IMPORTANCE OF TASKS
Often one item on your list of ten is worth more than all 9 others put together. This task, IS YOUR FROG! The one you should eat first. The sad fact is that most people procrastinate on the top 10 or 20 percent of the items that are the most valuable and important (the vital few).
2: FOCUS ON ACTIVITIES, NOT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Folks who are busy all day, but don’t accomplish a thing are more than likely focusing on the 80% (the trivial many) – the low value tasks. Before you begin working always ask yourself, “Is this task in the top 20% (the vital few) of my activities or in the bottom 80%?
3: MOTIVATE YOURSELF
Just thinking about starting and finishing an important task should motivate you and help you overcome procrastination. The feeling of pride you feel when you accomplish one of the vital few (top 20%) goals – THAT FROG DIVAS, is the highest of the highs!!
In other words, ladies, break that goal down to the lowest form! Tear that goal apart, make your goal ACTIONABLE! It’s not enough just write a broad goal!
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from CHAPTER 3: APPLY THE 80/20 RULE TO EVERYTHING
1. 20% of your tasks will account for 80% of your results!
2. Focus on the vital few! The frogs are in the vital few, and not the trivial many!
3. Resist the temptation to clear up small things first.
4. Do the hard things first!
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 3 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 24 (the end of Chapter 3).
- Use your list of goals again! Determine which are in the vital few (20%) or the trivial many (80%).
- Resolve today that you are going to spend more time on the vital few sisters!!
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”20% of your tasks will account for 80% of your results!” -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)