WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 4: CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES”
Successful people think 5, 10 & 20 years out into the future. They analyze their choices and behaviors in the present to ensure that what they are doing today is consistent with the long-term future that they desire.
1: MAKE BETTER DECISIONS ABOUT TIME
Something that is important has long term potential consequences; while something that is now has few or no long-term consequences. Before starting anything, ask yourself, “What are the potential consequences of doing or not ding this task?”
2: THINK ABOUT THE LONG TERM
Motivation requires motive. The greater the potential positive impact, the more motivated you will be to overcome procrastination and get it done quickly.
3: OBEY THE LAW OF FORCED EFFICIENCY
This law states that “There’s never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing.”
In other words, ladies, you’ll never get caught up! So stop trying to eat all the tadpoles in the pond, and find your frog, the ugliest one!
4: DEADLINES ARE AN EXCUSE
Many people say they work well under pressure, but research suggests this is seldom true! You actually suffer greater stress, make more mistakes, and have to redo more tasks than under any other conditions.
5: 3 QUESTIONS FOR MAXIMUM PRODUCTIVITY
You can use 3 questions to keep yourself focused on completing your most important tasks first:
- What are my highest value activities?
- What can I, and I alone do that if done well will make a real difference?
- What is the most valuable use of my time right now?
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from Chapter 4: CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES
1. Do 1st things 1st and 2nd things, not at all.
2. Working better under deadlines, is a myth!
3. Successful people have a clear future orientation.
4. Time will pass anyway, so how are you going to use it diva?
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 4 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 32 (the end of Chapter 4).
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”There isn’t enough time to do everything you have to do; choose wisely -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)