WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 5: PRACTICE CREATIVE PROCRASTINATION”
Because you can’t do everything that you have to do, you will HAVE to procrastinate on SOMETHING?!?! So, be sure you’re only procrastinating on smaller or less ugly frogs / tasks. Do the worst 1st!
Creative procrastination is the act of thoughtfully and deliberately deciding upon the exact things you are not going t do right now, if ever!
1: PRIORITIES VS POSTERIORITIES
A priority is something that you do more of, and sooner, while a posteriority is something that you do less of and later, if at all. The most powerful word in time management is, “NO”! Say No, diva, to anything that is NOT high value!
2: PROCRASTINATE ON PURPOSE
Most people engage in unconscious procrastination – they procrastinate without thinking about it. You must avoid this at all costs. Instead deliberately procrastinate on tasks that are of low value so that you have more time for tasks that can make a big difference in your life and work.
3: SET POSTERIORITIES ON TIME – CONSUMING ACTIVITIES
Delegate or eliminate tasks that are no full blow ugly frogs. Swap watching TV for spending time with your kids, reading or prayer, for example. Stop eating tadpoles when you were made for frogs! Eat the Frog!
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from Chapter 5: PRACTICE CREATIVE PROCRASTINATION
1. If you must procrastinate, procrastinate on LOW value / tadpole activities!
2. You can only get your life and time under control to the extent that you stop doing or lower the frequency of doing tadpole – like tasks!
3. Gracefully say No to anything that is not a high-value use of your time.
4. Avoid procrastinating on high value / big frog tasks, at all costs!!
5. Delegate the tadpole tasks, or just don’t do them (creative procrastination)!
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 5 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 36 (the end of Chapter 5).
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Practice creative procrastination vs subconscious procrastination -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)