WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 8: APPLY THE LAW OF THREE”
3 core tasks that you perform contain most of the value that you contribute to your business.
1: ONE THING ALL DAY LONG
Ask yourself this question 3 times; “if you could do one thing (from your list of tasks) all day long, which one task would contribute the greatest value to your company?”
The 3 tasks represents 90% of the value that you contribute to your company.
2: THE QUICK LIST METHOD
Grab a sheet of paper, in 30 seconds, write down your 3 most important goals in life right now. Your subconscious mind seems to go into a form of “hyperdrive” and the 3 most important goals pop out.
3: TIME MANAGEMENT IS A MEANS TO AN END
The main reason to develop time management skills is so that you can complete everything that is really important in your work and free up more and more time to do the things in your personal life that you the greatest happiness (PERIOD, NO EXCUSES)
4: WORK ALL THE TIME YOU WORK
Time spent chatting with co-workers, taking longer lunches, just being unproductive takes time away from your family. When you go to work, put your head down and work the whole time! Focus on the goal (to spend more time with family).
5: BALANCE IS NOT OPTIONAL
You need balance between your work and your personal life. You need to set priorities at work and concentrate on your most valuable tasks; while never losing sight of the fact that the reason for working efficiently is so that you can enjoy a higher quality of life at home with your family.
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from Chapter 8: APPLY THE LAW OF THREE
1. Ask yourself your top 3 goals in every area of your life. Limit yourself to 30 seconds and you will more than likely hit the nail on the head!
2. Please be reminded WHY we do this! Your WHY is just as important than doing the work. We want to be more efficient to spend more time doing the things we love!
3. Make sure you balance work with what you love in life.
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 8 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 55 (the end of Chapter 8).
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Quality of time at work vs Quantity at home -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)