WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 7: FOCUS ON KEY RESULT AREAS”
A Key Result Area is defined as something for which you are completely responsible. It is under your control. If you don’t do it, it doesn’t get done.
1: THE BIG 7 IN MANAGEMENT AND SALES
The following are the 7 key result areas of management. Any manage week in any one of these areas can lead to underachievement and failure:
The following are the 7 key result areas of sales. Poor performance in any on of these key key skills can lead to lower sales and sometimes failure of the salesperson:
- Building Rapport & trust
- Identifying Needs
- Presenting Persuasively
- Answering Objections
- Closing the Sale
- Getting Sales and Referrals
Key results are central to your work! What are yours?
2: CLARITY IS ESSENTIAL
The starting point of high performance is for your to identify the key result areas of your work. Make a list of your most important output responsibilities, and make sure that the people above you, on the same level and even below you agree!
3: GIVE YOURSELF A GRADE
Once you have identified your key result areas, give yourself a grade on a scale of 1 to 10.
Your weakest key result area sets the height at which you can use all your other skills and abilities. In other words, poor performance in any one of your key performance areas will hold you back.
4: POOR PERFORMANCE PRODUCES PROCRASTINATION
People avoid job and activities in those areas where they have performed poorly in the past. Instead they should set a goal and make plan to improve! Don’t procrastinate, improve your skills!
5: THE GREAT QUESTION
“What one skill, if I developed and did it in an excellent fashion, would have the greatest positive impact on my career?”
Use this question to guy your career for the rest of your life. Ask your boss, your coworkers, your friends, your family.
All business skills are learnable!
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from Chapter 7: FOCUS ON KEY RESULT AREAS
1. One of the fastest way to stop procrastinating is for you to become absolutely excellent in your key result area.
2. Improving your skills as it relates to your key result areas can be as important as anything else you do in your life or your career.
3. Make it a regular habit to identify your key result areas and grade yourself on them!
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 7 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 46 (the end of Chapter 7).
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Key Result Areas, Document Yours Now! -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)