WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 13: IDENTIFY YOUR KEY CONSTRAINTS”
Whatever you have to do, there is always a limiting factor that determines how quickly and well you get it done. Your job is to study the task and the limiting factor. You must then focus all of your energies on alleviating that single choke point.
1: INDENTIFYING THE LIMITING FACTOR
This limiting factor can be a person whose help you need, a resource that you require, a weakness or something else diva. It is your job to find it, it is always there. Finding it usually brings about more progress in a shorter period than any other single activity
2: THE 80/20 RULE APPLIED TO CONSTRAINTS
80% of the factors holding you back from achieving your goals are internal (within yourself). Only 20% are external.
3: LOOK INTO YOURSELF
Keep asking, “What sets the speed at which I get the results I want?”
4: STRIVE FOR ACCURACY
The failure to identify the correct constraint, or the identification of the wrong constraint, can you lead you off in the wrong direction. You can end up solving the wrong problem
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from Chapter 13: IDENTIFY YOUR KEY CONSTRAINTS
1. There’s always something that stops your forward progress. That something is called a, “constraint“.
2. It’s important to not only identify your constraint, but to also work towards a work-a-round or resolution to your constraint.
3. Make sure when you are attempting to identify your constraint(s) that you are accurate! Solving the WRONG problem is a waste of time and money.
4. 80% of constraints are INWARD! Look inside yourself for your limiting factors.
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 13 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 75 (the end of Chapter 13). What is your biggest dream? Share with us 1 INTERNAL constraint that may be stopping you. Share with us 1 EXTERNAL constraint that may be stopping you. Use the comment section below!
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Look inward for 80% of what stops you from reaching your goals! -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)