WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 17: GET OUT OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL TIME SINK“
The compulsion to communicate incessantly, entailing the nonstop use of cell phones, laptops, iPads, etc, leaves people psychologically breathless. We have no time to stop, smell the roses, and collect our thoughts.
1: YOU HAVE A CHOICE
For you to stay calm, clearheaded and capable of performing at your best, you need to detach on a regular basis from technology and communication devices that can overwhelm you if you are not careful!!
2: TECHNOLOGY IS YOUR FRIEND
The use of communication can quickly become a form of addiction, but that was NOT the intent! People get up early in the morning and the 1st they do is check their email, inbox, voicemail, etc. They also check their devices every 5-6 minutes all day long. This has to STOP before it gets out of hand.
3: TAKE YOUR TIME BACK
Use the 80/20 rule! 80% of emails you receive are of no value, and should never be opened. Of the remaining 20 only 20% of them (4% of total emails) actually requires an immediate response. The other 16% can be temporarily ignored or moved to action folder for later follow up.
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from Chapter 17: GET OUT OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL TIME SINK
1. Technology is meant to be a servant, but many are instead mastered by it.
2. Turn off / keep off all communication devices for 1 hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon. Watch what happens…..NOTHING!
3. Fight the urge to awaken and check your devices. Instead, find some peaceful, quiet time.
4. Allowing time for your mental batteries time to recharge, with no interruptions, will allow you to be more relaxed, aware and alert.
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 17 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 96 (the end of Chapter 17). Can you go one entire day without a device? What about doing that once a week? Is that possible?
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Technology is meant to be your SERVANT; and not, YOUR MASTER! -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)