WELCOME TO INSPIRATION NATION
WHERE WE WILL REVIEW 1 chapter of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog” each day in FABruary
The Cliff Notes from today’s reading:
“Chapter 18: SLICE & DICE THE TASK“
One technique to use to cut big tasks down to size is the “salami slice” method. Lay out the tasks in detail and then resolve to do just 1 slice of the job for the time being, like eating a roll of salami, just one slice at a time.
1: DEVELOP A COMPULSION TO CLOSURE
Deep within us all is an “compulsion for closure”. Do you feel better or relieved once you’ve completed a task (big or small). Endorphins are released, and the bigger the task the greater the feeling of accomplishment. Develop that inner drive that motivates you to carry through to completion.
2: SWISS CHEESE YOUR TASKS
Another technique is “swiss cheesing” a task by resolving to work on the task for a specified period of time. This may be just 5 or 10 minutes, then stop and do something else. The power of this method is once you start working, you develop a sense of forward movement and a feeling of accomplishment!
KEY TAKE-A-WAYS from Chapter 18: SLICE & DICE THE TASKS
1. The salami slicing and Swiss cheesing methods are great tools to help you bust out of your procrastination funk!
2. Once you start working on the task and feeling accomplished you will do more than you planned to do!
3. Fight the urge to just do NOTHING. Start with small pieces of work or small period of time.
4. Taking action is key to success. You cant just continue to THINK about what you need to do!!
- Today’s reading assignment is to read Chapter 18 of the book only.
- Complete the assignment on page 100 (the end of Chapter 18). What are your thoughts on the Salami & Swiss Cheese approaches?
Click the “Click the Tweet” below!
- Share this post! Let’s encourage our family and friends to EAT FROGS with us!
[bctt tweet=”Action is the ONLY way to your goals! Get up and START something!! -EAT THAT FROG” username=”FitFyneFabulous”]
GET TO KNOW Fit, Fyne & Fabulous!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)